Phoenix Cocaine Attorney
Drug Defense Lawyer: Cocaine
If you or someone you know has been arrested or charged with a cocaine related offense in Phoenix, it is important to know that these offenses are taken very seriously in Arizona. Derived from coca leaves, cocaine is a stimulant of the central nervous system and has powerful addictive properties. There are a wide variety of cocaine related drug charges, and as a Phoenix Cocaine Possession Attorney Joshua S. Davidson has the experience to effectively address whatever cocaine charges you are facing. Whether you have been charged with cocaine possession, cocaine sale, cocaine trafficking, possession of cocaine for sale or cocaine manufacturing, it could be extremely beneficial to your case to contact Phoenix Lawyer Joshua S. Davidson..
Under Arizona law, 750 milligrams of cocaine base or "crack cocaine" or 9 grams of powder cocaine is enough to trigger a mandatory prison sentence if convicted at trial - even if you have no prior criminal history whatsoever. Regardless of whether or not you intended to distribute or sell the drugs, you could be charged with possession of a narcotic drug for sale if a large amount is found in your possession. If caught dealing cocaine in Phoenix, you could also be facing a prison sentence even if it is only your first offense. The prison sentence that can result from a second or third felony offense can be considerably longer. Under Arizona law, cocaine is classified as a narcotic drug. The formal charges that are typically filed by the prosecution in a cocaine or cocaine base/crack cocaine case include possession of a narcotic drug, transportation of a narcotic drug and possession of a narcotic for sale.
Phoenix Cocaine Crime Charges
- Class 4 felony
- If First Offense, it can be subject to "Proposition 200" and probation with drug treatment could be mandatory
- Minimum of $2,000 in fines (or 3 times the value of the substance, whichever is greater)
Cocaine Sale and Possession of Cocaine for Sale
- Class 2 felony
- Court must impose not less than $2,000 in fines or 3 times the value of the substance, whichever is greater (up to a maximum of $150,000)
- Mandatory prison sentence for up to 12.5 years for cases involving at least 9 grams of powder cocaine and 750 milligrams of cocaine base or crack cocaine
- Additional fines must be imposed if convicted of possessing or selling cocaine in a drug-free school zone.
- Class 2 felony (minimum prison sentence of 3 years if the amount of cocaine or crack exceeds 9 grams or 750 milligrams, respectively).
Do not risk being convicted of a cocaine related offense by facing your charges on your own. Contact a Phoenix drug crime defense lawyer who is capable of providing your case with the individualized attention it deserves. Attorney Joshua S. Davidson offers serious and aggressive representation to clients throughout Phoenix, Scottsdale, Glendale, Mesa and Tempe, and can help you achieve positive results for your case.
If you or someone you know has been charged with a cocaine related offense, contact Phoenix Drug Crime Defense Attorney Joshua S. Davidson today!